Festival of Social Sciences Seminar is forthcoming and Bernard Casey will be giving a seminar on Wednesday 18 May 2011 as part of the University of Warwick Festival of Social Sciences
in which he will provide insights into current research on issues relating to post-retirement-age working and he gave a presentation on 'Active Ageing and Employment in Later Life' at the Demography Network of the European Observatory on the Social Situation and Demography workshop in Brussels on 23 February. Meanwhile the contribution of family members, close relatives and friend to the provision of care services for the frail elderly has been addressed in evidence submitted by Bernard Casey to the Commission on Funding of Care and Support
. The second ESRC seminar on career guidance was held at the University of Glamorgan on 31st March, 2011 and the 'Balkanisation' of careers guidance, the role of the associations and their inter-relationships were explored.
The Warwick Institute for Employment Research still involves four main topics including demographic change and workforce ageing, graduate labor maket, evaluation and forecast of labor market and social policy,apprenticeship and work-based learning.
1. Employer Investment in Apprenticeships and Work-Based Learning, Skills Funding Agency (07/02/2011 - 30/06/2011)
2. Changing employment structure and implications for poverty and inequality, Joseph Rowntree Foundation (31/01/2011 - 30/11/2011)
3. Anticipating Future Skill Needs, Research Development Fund (10/11/2010 - 14/09/2011)
4. Income Inequality - Making Sense of British Social Attitudes, ESRC (01/01/2009 - 26/09/2011)
1. Working Time Arrangements and Work-Life Balance, University of Manchester (17/01/2011 - 15/04/2011)
2. The Impact of Student and Migrant Employment on Opportunities for Low-Skilled People, UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UKCES) (11/10/2010 - 31/03/2011)
3. Options Study for the Long Term Evaluation of Apprenticeships, Skills Funding Agency (04/10/2010 - 31/03/2011)
5. Promoting Investment and Increasing employment Among the Economically Inactive - A Review of Best Practice, Napier University (07/06/2010 - 30/06/2010)